Monday, November 06, 2006

I Voted Today

I voted absentee today at the Cambridge Election Commission. I won't be able to vote tomorrow because I will be on Cape Cod for Representative Turner. He represents all of Brewster, Dennis, and Yarmouth.

Cleon Turner is the first Democrat ever to be elected in that distric
t. He is facing a tough re-election. Cleon was elected two years ago after a very close race. He beat his Republican opponent by 400 votes last time. The same Republican is running against him again this year.

It is no surprise that I voted today for Deval Patrick. I decided to vote for Jill Stein for Secretary of State. On the ballot questions I voted:

Question 1: NO (I voted no because grocery stores are owned by million dollar corporations that don't need help making more money. Most Liquor stores are family owned small businesses. I will always vote for small family business over large corporations.)

Question 2: YES (Cross-endorsement sounds like a good idea to me. Watch this video about it.)

Question 3: YES (I am a big fan of unions, so allowing child care providers to unionize is an obvious choice. Watch the Yes-on-3 ad here.)

Getting out the vote is the most important part of any campaign.
If you have time tomorrow, volunteer for your favorite candidate. Let's hope that we see a change on Beacon Hill and in Washington.

“Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.” - George Jean Nathan



1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you left handed? Why is your pen in your left hand in the second picture?

Anyway, good pics! I can't believe Turner was the first Democrat. Is that a new district?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home