Thursday, November 09, 2006

VICTORY! Gay Marriage Saved

Today 109 brave legislators voted to recess the constitutional convention until January 2nd. This effectively kills the anti-gay marriage amendment. It is over for now.

Marriage equality supporters are elated! Anti-gay folks are extremely angry.


With the election on Tuesday and the Constitutional Convention today I am completely exhausted. I am going to sleep well tonight.

Tomorrow I will be attending a same-sex wedding. I am honored to be a part of what I have been fighting so hard to protect.

I will post more on this amazing victory later. In the meantime, here is some great reading: MassResistance attacks their favorite legislators.

Congrats to everyone who made this victory possible.

Watch a short video from 7 News of the reaction in the State House as the vote was announced!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home