Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Vote Early and Vote Often

I went down to the City of Cambridge Election Commission and voted in the Democratic primary today. The actual primary takes place on September 19th, just 13 days away. However, I had to vote absentee because I will not be able to make it to the polls on September 19th. I am working on races all over the state and Election Day will be a very busy day for me. I will be working on campaigns while the polls are open and getting results after they close. Then hopefully the night will end with celebration.

I live in Cambridge where my state rep and state senator don't have primary opponents. The biggest competitive race I could vote in was for Governor.

In the Democratic primary I voted for Deval Patrick.

I voted for Deval because I believe that he has the leadership our state needs. Almost two years ago I saw him speak at a little book store in Worcester. I was amazed at what I heard. He didn't speak like an ordinary politician. He actually answered the questions that people asked him.

I remember one thing he said that night that I had never heard a politician say. Someone had asked him what he would do about taxes is he was elected. His answer was that it would definitely be possible to cut taxes in Massachusetts. He then went on to say that it would be possible if we built the roads ourselves, caught the criminals ourselves, and taught the children ourselves. But if you want the state to do these things for you then you have to pay for them. Call me a tax-and-spend liberal, but that just makes sense to me. Deval answered the question honestly. That is what really got me.

Deval is the person that I want to lead our state. Massachusetts has always been a great leader in the nation, and will continue to be in the future. It is time that we have a great governor to lead our state.

Vote early and vote often. If you can’t make it to the polls to vote on September 19th, call your town hall and ask them how to vote absentee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home