Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pre-Primary Election Analysis and Predictions

The primary election is less than two weeks away! This is the best time to elect progressive candidates. While most voters are focused on the close race for governor, alot of action is taking place in races for seats in the state legislature.

Click here to see my analysis of all the primary races taking place in Massachusetts. I also include predictions of who I think will win in each race.

Using these predictions I analyze the out come of the primary election. I believe the result of the primary races will look something like this:

We will SAVE 12 pro-equality incumbents
We will see NO CHANGE in 7 anti-equality seats
We will PICK-UP 6 pro-equality seats previously held by anti-equality reps (This is HUGE!)
We will likely LOSE 1 seat to an anti-equality legislator (who we might be able to switch!)


A few of the races are too close to call, so I am making an educated guess. Check out my full analysis to see how I get the numbers above. Of course the final numbers above are subject to change.

Click here to see my analysis and my predictions of who the winners will be.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Blue-Xela said...

Is it safe to assume the candidates listed in black type are neither pro- nor anti-gay, but neutral or undecided?

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Chris Mason said...

For the candidates in black type I either don't know their position on gay rights or it just doesn't matter. The candidates in black type will not win either because they are not serious candidates or because they are not running strong campaigns.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellant work! It will be interesting to watch how the results mirror your predictions. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home